Fuet is a type of cured sausage often eaten as a snack or as part of a buffet style meal. At Casademont, we also get creative and use it in other dishes, such as salads (you can see our salad with Casademont fuet with figs recipe here).
Because we know that many of you are big fans of fuet, we have created an oven-baked recipe so that you can enjoy it in many other ways. Have you ever thought about using fuet as a pasty filling?
Ingredients – for 4 large or 8 small pasties –
80g of Casademont Fuet
1 large onion
40 g fried tomato sauce
80 g pitted black olives cut into pieces
8 pastry discs
1. Julienne the onion and fry over a low heat until golden. Caramelise it with a little sugar.
2. Dice the Casademont Fuet with figs.
3. Mix the caramelised onions with the fuet, chopped black olives and tomato sauce.
4. Open out a pastry disc, fill it with a tablespoon of filling and cover with another disc. Fold the edges to seal it.
5. Repeat with the other discs.
6. Whisk an egg and brush all the pasties with it.
7. Bake according to the instructions on the packet of pastry you used.